Are you and portfolio companies properly protected from Cyber Threats?
January 22, 2020 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
In this lunch & learn session hosted by VANTEC Angel Network and MNP LLP, we will review the various cyber security risks that you and your portfolio companies need to manage.
Whether it’s your trade secrets, payment information or customer records, cyber criminals understand how valuable your data is. With more than 4,000 ransomware attacks occurring each year alongside the development of 200,000 new malware variants, businesses can no longer afford a wait and see approach.
As hackers develop increasingly sophisticated tools to breach a rapidly growing technology landscape, you need a cyber security strategy to defend against a list of threats which evolve quickly.
It’s no longer a matter if a cyber attack will happen, but when.
We’ll discuss the following scenarios:
- If you’re making investments in startups, what should you expect – what risks should companies protect against, what are the key questions that you should ask. How can you assess that best practices are understood and considered from the start as part of your due-diligence.
- What can you do individually to be mindful of your personal cyber hygiene in your day-to-day life.
- As an investor, advisor or board member of a startup, how can you help to ensure that your companies are appropriately protected; from the technology stack to day to day practices. What are your options to bring in the right experts at the right time to help prevent or remedy critical risks?
Do you have a burning security question or concern?
To help you get more value from this event we invite you to ask any burning question you may have before the event and we’ll pass it on to the security expert team at MNP. Simply email us at email@example.com
This interactive lunch & learn will be lead by:
Ron provides IT and cyber security consulting to both public and private organizations, including government, merchants and service providers. He takes pride in finding the most efficient, cost-effective solutions for his clients and in reducing their risk through the development of internal and external controls.
Ron has extensive experience in payment card systems and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance. He has provided services ranging from auditor (PCI QSA) to assisting with remediation activities where required for both small and extremely large organizations.
11.30 – 12.00 Networking, buffet lunch
12.00 – Cyber security risks for startup companies
12.30 – Personal best practices and cyber hygiene
12.45 – How to get the right expert help at the right time
13.00 – Discussion and Q&A
13.30 – Wrap-up and networking
MNP Tower, 1021 W Hastings St #2200, Vancouver, BC V6E 0C3, Canada
Please RSVP to Reserve Your Seat, seating is limited, no walk ins.
- This event is organized by VANTEC for its members and their investor guests
- We have a limited amount of tickets that are offered on a first come first served basis to investors and the CEO’s or CIO’s of the companies they invested in.
- Please reserve your seat early to avoid disappointment.
- Tickets are non refundable but you can send someone in your place.
- This event will not be recorded on video. We will make part of the information shared available to VANTEC members and attendees.
This event will sell out. eFund investors can use promocode efund50 to get $15 off the ticketed price.